For the first time ever, the Palais Garnier Opera in Paris, which inspired the record-breaking musical The Phantom of the Opera, will open its doors for a majestic stay.
Véronique Leroux, the host of the stay and the great-granddaughter of French novelist Gaston Leroux, stated that “My great-grandfather’s classic story has inspired so many people through the years. This is the perfect time to honour him and welcome ‘phans’ to the famous setting of his much-loved novel for a once-in-a-lifetime stay.” she said.
The Box of Honor, which is the exclusive private viewing area in the theater, has been converted into a spectacular bedroom. Thereby, guests can spend an exceptional night befitting the mysteries and architectural grandeur of the Palais Garnier.
What’s more, visitors will also get to tour the iconic building, including a visit to the real underground lake, home of the Phantom which is featured in the novel.
Apart from the stay at the exquisite Box of Honour in Palais Garnier, guests will get to enjoy other exclusive experiences, which include:
- The best location in the house to enjoy the architectural beauty of the Palais Garnier and its stage.
- A tour of rarely seen areas of the Palais, including the Opera’s incredible private archives and famous underground lake.
- A private ballet initiation with one of the Opera de Paris Ballet dancers.
- An exclusive recital performed by the artists of the Paris Opera Academy, complete with champagne and hors d’oeuvres.
- Dinner in the opulent Foyer de la Danse, a private and historic dancing rehearsal room behind the stage where dancers warm up before a performance.
- A tour of the private dance studios underneath the eaves of the iconic opera building, where guests will enjoy picturesque views of the Paris skyline.
You can request to book the overnight stay on 1st March 2023 from 6:00 PM CET at this link. The stay will take place on 16th July 2023. This one night stay will cost 37 euros* (approximately RM165) in honour of the Box of Honour’s number.
To request a booking, the guest must have a verified Airbnb profile, a good track record on the platform, and be at least 18+. The maximum occupancy is two people. Guests are responsible for their own transportation to and from Paris, France.
This is part of the initiative to honour The Phantom of the Opera, which will be performed in 15 countries in 2023, including a final bow on Broadway. Click here for more information or to book tickets.